Louisiana Politics Everyday

Friday, July 13, 2007

GOP Solidly Behind Vitter

Support for US Senator David Vitter continues to pour in from Republican elected officials, party activists, and citizens from throughout Louisiana. Early media reports to the contrary have proven reckless and unfounded.


"Any talk of David Vitter resigning or me being appointed to his Senate seat is ridiculous. It's just not going to happen." - Former Governor Dave Treen





"My prayers are with David and his family during this tough time. He is an effective Senator for Louisiana, and I look forward to continuing to work with him." - Congressman Jim McCrery




"David is doing the right thing taking some time to be with his family. I look forward to his returning to work soon and know he'll continue to dedicate himself to working tirelessly on behalf of the people of Louisiana."
- Congressman Rodney Alexander



"My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this trying time. Your great work for our state should not get lost in the current frenzy. You have been and will continue to be a great advocate for the State of Louisiana in the US Senate." - Secretary of State Jay Dardenne



“I am honored to call David Vitter a friend and supporter. I am proud of his service to this state and his strong record of reform. True Christians should be forgiving. I look forward to the day when David can get back to work and the day when the healing is complete.” -State Representative Mike Strain


"Senator Vitter has been a strong leader for our state. I continue to support the work he's doing on important issues like the recovery of our region and immigration reform. My prayers are with David and his family."
- State Representative Steve Scalise


Louisiana Politics Year Around
 

Free Blog Counter